Background of PEACEF
PEACEF (Probity Expansive Assist Committee Economic Foundation) has been working as an NGO in Bangladesh since 2009. It is completely a non-government, nonprofit and non-political voluntary welfare and development organization and it was established by few enlightened social workers, educationists, teachers, and philanthropists. This organization was founded to work for human resource development through education, health care and nutrition, environment preservation, income-generating activities, etc. for the poor and underprivileged portion of the population with specific attention to women and children. PEACEF devoutly acts to establish a morale based society. Orphan Care, Supporting poor and distressed women and children are the main thrust of our special care programs. Besides, PEACEF is committed to helping the destitute people, to make them self-employed, so that they can contribute to the economic development of the country. Bangladesh lies in such geographical location which is vulnerable to natural calamities and man-made disasters. Every year a large number of people are getting added to the extremely poor community. PEACEF helps and upgrades the lifestyle of this root-bottom community through various initiatives for their economic solvency and secured social life and thereby PEACEF contributes to the overall development of the country. PEACEF aims to bring forward the marginal group into the mainstream by providing them with income generation opportunities through training, education and knowledge sharing.
PEACEF is registered with the NGO Affairs Bureau under the Prime Minister’s Office, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
PEACE Foundation established in 2009, Registration of Societies (Act XXI of 1860) No.: S-10533 &
NGO AFFAIRS BUREAU Registration Certificate No.: 3235 which Validity From 23/02/2020 to 22/02/2030.
The goal of PEACEF is to poverty reduction and employment generation for the poor and marginalized families and thereby create a society based on justice, equity and self- respect through the involvement of the ultra-poor and disadvantaged group of people in various development activities and through the creation of awareness about various problems and issues that concern the individuals, the community and the country at large.
- Development of human resources among the poor and underprivileged people of the community and helping them to utilize their unused potentials to meet human needs.
- Promotion of youth employment and income generation opportunities for improving the socio-economic condition of the poor and the disadvantaged by providing different types of technical and Vocational skill development training.
- Development of unity among the poor people through organization of group activities and organize them to work united against the factors that perpetuate poverty.
- Promotion of women’s empowerment and their rights to increase the level of their participation in all areas of life.
- Promotion of health and family planning services, mother and child care and development.
- Promotion of Non-formal education and literacy for the illiterate children, adolescents and adults to eradicate illiteracy from the country
- Promotion of water & sanitation system both in rural and urban settings.
- Promotion of inter-cultural and inter-religious understanding among the community people so that social harmony exists.
- Promotion of culture of the marginalized and underprivileged rural communities to equip them with advantages.
- Promotion and preservation of the natural environment.
- Organize relief and rehabilitation activities in times of natural calamities and disaster.
- Undertaking different programs and activities to bring the differently able people to join mainstream of social development.
- Empathy and care: PEACEF is committed to being empathetic and caring to the distressed people.
- Partnership and collaboration: In order to create synergy in development efforts and charity, PEACEF builds partnerships with different organizations, individuals and communities.
- Integrity and transparency: PEACEF strictly practices integrity and transparency in all its activities and interventions.
- Change and adaptability: As changes take place constantly, PEACEF endeavors to adapt to all positive changes to stay relevant.
- Inclusiveness: PEACEF reaches out to all in need irrespective of cast, creed, culture and religion.
- Ownership: All stakeholders are consulted while developing and implementing projects and programs. The target beneficiaries always remain at the fore-front and steer the programs meant for their well-being.